Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Time Keeps On Slipping...Into The Future!
These were the words of a song when I was a teenager, probably wasn't all that spiritual and I don't remember much more about the song than these words...but I think there's a truth involved here. Time waits on no one, tomorrow becomes today, yesterday was today, and life as we know is moving at a rapid pace...so the question is what will we do with the time we have? The concept of process continues to haunt me, the reality that we have been set on a course, given the same exact amount of time each day, week, month, and year to accomplish our assignment, and entrusted by God to do our best...amazing when you think about it...that God would trust us with His time! Recently I was reminded that as I pursue the purpose of my life that I need not rush things, but be faithful and consistent...after all, I have years to fulfill the assignment. In my past I have often tried to rush things, thinking it was better start off running, hit the floor with both feet flying, often wearing out early in the race and losing my way. Not any more...I'm on a journey and inviting others to go with me! Remember the movie Forest Gump? One day he decided to go for a walk, that walk lasted several years and by the time it was all over there were dozens of people following him. I think that's the pursuit of God, that we are following Christ, inviting others to join the journey with us, and along the way we develop relationships and discover God in the process!

No comments: