Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Borders Are Enlarging!
In 2004 I received the invitation to travel Kenya with Pastors Mike and Tena Sloan, while there God birthed a love in my heart and spirit for that country, a country I now consider home. In 2004 I also resigned my church and traveled to Florida to become the associate pastor to Pastor Sloan, and have since traveled twice a year to Kenya, seven times I have gone to that most phenomenal part of the world, the Kenyans call me Waumbua, which means rain! Today I received an invitation from my evangelist friend Peter Franz, a German born evangelist who travels throughout Africa, lives in Kenya, ministers in the Sudan, and is well known throughout the country...He has invited me to be the morning speaker in a large outdoor crusade in Kisumu, the third largest city in Kenya, a population of over 335,000 people...can you believe it...they want me! Last March I was speaking in a conference in Eldoret, Kenya for Bishop George Gichana, the theme of the conference came from Isaiah 54:2,3: "Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; do not spare; lengthen your cords, And strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right and to the left, And your descendants will inherit the nations, And make the desolate cities inhabited." Little did I know that God would fulfill this word in my life in this manner. As I write these words I am reminded of two things the Holy Spirit has spoken into my life through my pastor: 1) That 2008 will be a year when something large happens in my ministry; 2) That what God starts in me He will continue and finish through my daughter Kaitlin...I am humbled and honored. I am unsure why God would choose to use me in such a manner, I feel so unworthy and worthless, but am so thankful that He would send me to the nations of the earth to tell others of His love and power!

No comments: