Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Something's In The Air
When I lived in Illinois and Kentucky it was quite obvious when the season was going to change, visually you would see the coloring transformation of the trees and other plant life, there would be a cooling of the atmosphere, and then it would happen...snow. Here is Florida is cools down, but leaves and trees don't change much...and thank God...it never snows. Without trying to sound too spiritual, I believe that in the prophetic realm of things, God is up to something. There is a sense in my spirit that the things that are aren't the things that will be. Talk to a few pastors or spiritual friends and they will tell you that there is a restlessness about them, a feeling that things are changing and that it is time to move forward. Recently I read about some scientists in the Antartic that have heard the ice singing and was reminded of the scripture in Romans that says that the whole creation is groaning while waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God in the earth. God is calling us, He is challenging us to rise up in these finals moments of human history and to reach people with the message of Jesus Christ. The best is yet to come!

3 comments:

Pastor Jeff said...

Yes, I can vouch for that restlessness that you speak of. God is doing something. I've been getting stirred up for quite some time now. Thanks for posting this, it's what I needed to hear.
~Jeff

Darrell said...

Yes, there is definitly something in the air. For the past several months I have felt it, but most especially in the past 4 or 5 weeks. Night after night I have been awakened in the middle of the night and drawn to prayer. Something is happening. Ironically, in the midst of this, I see a division being drawn within my church. There is a group that is drifting away, and nothing I do seems to woo them back; while at the same time there is a core group with a burning desire for the deeper things and a passion for worship and prayer. I think they sense it too.

I have to admit, that as excited as I am to see what God is up to, there is a sadness because I see so many waxing cold. Still, I want to be a part of this coming wave. I am ready Lord!

Neil said...

In his book The Purpose Driven Church, Rick Warren states that church growth is much like the riding of a wave, when one wave dies you get on the next one. I believe moves of God come in waves, the Bible calls them times and seasons. Too often we relish the thoughts of past moves, trying to recapture something that blessed us in the past. Often in church you hear people saying, "We need to get back to..." The truth is we can never get where God wants us to be by going back, the write of Hebrews says that if we draw back God will have no pleasure in us and that we are not of those that go back. When one walks into the movement of God the lines will be drawn, people will make decisions if they will remain in status quo and move forward. As pastors our job is to share the revelation and walk it out before the people, their response in between them and God...hard to do but necessary. Listen to the inner call and move in the knowledge that God is constantly moving, sometimes quickly, other times slowly, sometimes He is moving but we don't notice, but He is working on our behalf!

Neil