Monday, July 30, 2007

Seasons
I had the privilege of ministering at the Living Waters Church of God in Sebring, Florida yesterday. This church is pastored by my good friends John and Pam Schneider, I've been there a couple of times in the past few months, it's an exciting place to be. One of the things that I noticed was the freshness, the other times I was there things were good, but they've added some new staff, their worship team is good, there is a spirit of refreshing there that invigorates you, excitement fills the air. On the other hand, I talk with other pastors and church members that are experiencing difficult times, moments in the lives and ministries where they don't understand what God is doing, they feel as if they've lost their way and wonder which road to take next. Seasons is my answer, this is a season of shifting, transition, and process, I believe God is moving in the lives of His people, but He is doing in ways that are unfamiliar to us, but very familiar to Him. We like change until we need to change and then we don't want to change too much, we enjoy our comfort zones...even though we don't want to admit we have them! You cannot escape a season, you have to walk through it, to endure hardship, and to learn the lesson of the process...easier said than done. One pastor said that he felt like he couldn't hear the Lord right now, so what should he do? My answer, hold on to the last word He spoke until He speaks another...God's Word always works! I want to be faithful in whatever season I find myself in and find great comfort in the words of the Apostle Peter: Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you. Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing more than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You're not the only ones plunged into these hard times. It's the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won't last forever. It won't be long before this generous God, who has great plans for us in Christ-eternal and glorious plans they are!--will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, he does! (I Peter 5:7-10 The Message)

No comments: