Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Power of Friends
Our family is enjoying our annual vacation, came to Illinois to visit my Mom and sister. We've layed around the house, gone into Chicago to Shedd Aquarium, layed around, shopped, deployed my daughter so far from the purchase of a Douney Burke purse...100.00...I bought her a phone ringer and text messaging for her cell...but I'm certain I haven't heard the end of the purse.
This weekend we've gone to Champaign, IL where we used to pastor...it's really been awesome! Last night we went to our cousin's house where about 40-50 former members came, sat around talking and eating...it was cool. We followed that by Starbuck's on the University of Illinois campus and walk around the Quad....old friends and new times...great!
This morning I preached at Glory Center International for my good friend Cedric Nesbitt, a powerful pastor with a awesome church! They nearly preached me to death, I got the pulpit at noon and preached about forty-five minutes...we went to lunch at two o'clock and got back to the motel at four...busy life of a preacher.
I am more appreciative of my friends than ever before, am thankful that distance and miles cannot destroy true friendships and close relationships...this has been a good vacation!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Niel,i agree ,friends are so important, i also had the privlage of going to clinton ,Iowa this weekend to a womans confrence where a member of the prayer team im in (and an AWESOME friend )spoke, the confrence was awesome, and it also gave me a chance to spend time with her and 2 other friends from our prayer team, I love those friends so much, they are so great. and im truly blessed to have them in my life!!!!!!

Neil said...

Jason, I just found your message and want to connect with you, thanks for stopping by!