Saturday, January 12, 2008

Just Anxious To Matter
There's line in the movie Pearl Harbor that speaks to me, a young pilot has just arrived in London, lives are ending one after another and this young pilot who has just shown up asks the British officer to get him into a plane as quickly as possible. The officer asks him if all Yanks are as anxious to die as he is, the young pilots rely is powerful, "No Sir, Just Anxious To Matter!" Isn't that the quest of most? We want our lives to matter, to know that we have impacted someone's life in a positive way. I have to admit that I often wonder if I have ever made a difference in anyone or if anything I've ever done has been significant. This afternoon I was in an auto parts store where I ran into a single Dad and his son, this father reported to me of the progress his young daughter is making in school, a child that my wife taught a couple years ago, a child that goes to another school but still talks about Ms. Julie. God has not called us to seek significance, He has called us to make a difference, if we do that we will be significant. I don't know about you, but I am anxious to matter!

No comments: