Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'm A Grandfather...Sort Of!
Last night around 11:15 I was awakened out of a deep...just gotten into sleep! My cell phone was going off in the kitchen and I scrabbled to catch it...but I'm old and missed it! To my delight it was a son in the ministry, known by the blogging world as PT, he was calling to tell me that about an hour earlier Esqsme had given birth to an 8 pound, 5 ounce, 20 1/2 baby boy! You could hear the excitement in his voice. She had been labor 11 hours and I know must have been exhuasted. When I checked my cell mail this morning here was his message: "I'm just calling to tell you that Elijah is here!" I thought there was something prophetic and spiritual about that!
This young couple were our youth pastors in Illinois, we took them under our wings and they allowed us into their hearts...and now he calls saying, "You're a Grandpa!"
I'm thankful for the opportunity to pour into young ministers lives, and I'm thankful for the friendship we have with this couple. Julie and I are so proud of them, they are doing a wonderful work for the Lord at the church they are pastoring. Good things are happening and their best days are ahead of them...God Bless PT and Esqsme, babies Kaylin and Elijah!
Just Call Me Popi

3 comments:

Pastor Jeff said...

Praise God! I was hoping that someone would post an update. That's awesome that you were able to pour into there lives like that. That is what Pastor Stewart and his wife have done with us.

Libby said...

I was 1 ounce short and one inch too long, but I was very close! That's wonderful. Tell them I said, "congratulations!"

Henry Haney said...

That's great news- Congrats!