Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas and Children
This has been a busier than usual holiday season, had to do most of my shopping on the run. Finally got it done, or so I thought...Christmas Eve my wife and I went to Golden Corral for breakfast, walked in at 9:00 AM, they're doors are open but they don't open until 10:00 AM, so we go to K-Mart for the 2.79 special, the place was packed, so we ended up at IHOP in Dade City nine miles away. From there we went to Wal-Mart for our weekly grocery shopping, I nearly backslid, had a heart attack and went crazy all at the same time...but we were done...so I thought! We all start wrapping presents and the baby, our eight year old, starts counting presents...I'm back out to Wal-Mart...two of them to be exact, I got what I was looking for, but it took two stores and an hour to get there, and my baby got a brief, but kind reminder from her mother of the need to be appreciative! Today has been a good day, presents were accepted with great gratitude, dinner was wonderful, and I've been busy putting stuff together, batteries installed, and electronics hooked up...I got a clock that I can put my Ipod in and play it through...pretty cool and I've had several opportunities to use my new pocket knife...I am a real Floridian! 2007 has been a good year, I've been blessed with a wonderful family and the Lord has shown me great favor...thanks for being a part of my life this year...see you in the blogs!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

RE: Wrapped Ham

It was on one of her holiday television shows on Food Network. All you do is......about 15 minutes shy of your ham being cooked or warmed through, you take a can or two (depending on the size of your ham) of crescent rolls and unwrap them, but don't pull them apart...and just kind of keep it as a sheet of dough and place it on top of your ham and pull it around to cover it. My ham was big, so it took a can and a half of another can of crescents. Once you cover the ham, then you take a beaten egg and brush the whole thing with the egg wash. Then just put it back in the oven at the temp it says on the can of crescents and bake for about 15 minutes or until it is golden brown.
It makes a beautiful presentation.

I enjoy reading your posts as well.

Happy New Year!
Trisha