Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I'm A True Floridian Now!
Being raised in the Chicago area I have prided myself on being quite Northern. Raised by southern parents I eat more southern than northern, except that I love Italian Beef, Gyro's, and Thin Pizza, all Chicago's finest...I have no southern accent, though I have lived and ministered much in the south over the past twenty years...I drink sweet tea with lemons like it's going out of style and have a deep love and appreciation for the south...tonight I became a true Floridian! After finishing a fine Cuban meal of black beans, yellow rice and roast pork, I opened my Christmas gift from our pastoral family at our annual staff Christmas party...A brand spanking new Winchester pocket knife! What every true southern gentleman needs...Even though Florida really isn't considered the deep south...we're deeper than anywhere else...I am now a Floridan!

No comments: