Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Can I Just Be Normal?
I am in a readjustment period since returning from Kenya, their time is seven hours ahead of us...so my inner clock is all messed up. Last night I fell asleep around 7:00 PM, woke up at 8:30 and didn't know where I was or how I got there, my own bed room seemed foreign to me...what an odd feeling that was. This morning I awakened at about 5:15 AM, which is a bit later than yesterday, it will take awhile to get back to normal...whatever that is.
There's probably a spiritual message in all of this, I just can't find it today...In fact, today I just think I'll be like everyone else...normal...I'm not fond of normal, think we should move beyond normal, don't believe we're called to be like everyone else...but today I'm tired, my mind is worn out along with my aging body...so I'll just be normal!
Tomorrow I'll be abnormal, leap over hurdles and jump over obstacles, I'll fight devils and cast out demons...my own included...I'll give good advice and lead others into places they've never been...we'll continue to boldly go where we've never gone before...but today....can I just be normal?

No comments: