Monday, November 06, 2006

The News
My addiction to CNN Online, Reality TV, and several news boards is beginning to wane, especially to church related message boards...I am frustrated with the religious crowd, the secular crowd isn't quite as lethal and at least you know what you're up against. Please forgive me, I don't mean to be negative, but I am continuously amazed at the attitudes of Christians, it's as if they gloat in another person's failures, are quick to draw conclusions and pass judgements, I sometimes wonder what is the difference between the believer and the non-believer...and then I remember...there's still good news amongst the bad news.
Two days ago Ted Haggard was the big story, he's out of the pulpit and out of the picture now, today's news is Iraq and the upcoming midterm elections...by Thursday my left shoe could be the highlight...one never knows!
There is good news, it never changes, it is always relevant, it always works...Jesus is Alive, He is in Control, and His Word remains the best news we can ever hear. I'll get over my frustration with message boards and politicians...but I will always need to hear that Christ is the answer!
John the Baptist went through some frustration, found himself in prison and needed to hear a word from the Lord. The word was: "Even though you're in prison, and things are looking bleak, the blind still receive their sight, the lame still walk, and you're blessed if you don't get uptight and all offended in Me!" (NPS Version)

1 comment:

Deborha's Palm Tree said...

Amen Brother! whew! that is good!
Makes me wanna shout! Kick my heals up! Shout!