Saturday, November 11, 2006

USF FootBall Versus Oasis World Outreach Men
The University of South Florida played Syracuse this afternoon in Tampa athe Raymond James Stadium...It is a massive and quite beautiful stadium, I think it seats 60,000+ people, has exspensive but good food, and great seating all around...but I'm not sure they were ready for the 24 men from Oasis World Outreach. We converged upon them with excellent tickets given to us by a friend...two things in life you never pass up: 1) Free Food; 2) Free Ballgame Tickets!
We arrived around 11:00 AM for the 12:00 Kick-Off...mind you, I am not a sports fan at all, in fact, as we left we saw a Tampa Bay Buccaneers player, I didn't have a clue who he was, Rando somebody...nice Escalade though. Our seats were in section 133, rows C-E, on the 20 yard line, on the Syracuse side...needless to say, our group, a couple in particular ranted and raved, were actually louder than the cheerleaders, and we had a blast...and to top it off...USF Won!
What a delight it was to spend the day with friends, I hope to do it again sometime...I'll get my wife to tell me more about football before I go!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time at the game Pastor Neil! Sorry you had to sit next to me and endure me putting the cheerleaders to shame by being louder than them!Thankfully I've still got some voice left for church tomorrow morning! As I blogged earlier I actually learned a spiritual truth, if only the church could catch the spirit of unity that is often found among strangers at a football game.

Jesse

Anonymous said...

I gotta say Neil, I was surprised to read that you went to a football game.... that's Julie's turf!
Glad to hear you had a good time though!

Anonymous said...

Neil, I agree with Jesse. I make friends easily with strangers at the football games, if they are for my team. Our oldest grandson has been playing since the 8th grade and had his last HS game Thursday night. His next will be at a college some place, we pray! The coaches say he's going - but he hasn't heard to officially yet.

By the way, if you don't like noisy people, you wouldn't want to sit by me or my daughter! :)

Neil said...

The loudness didn't bother me one bit...I knew Jesse would be reading my blog, and he did, mentioned it to me this morning...He is my good friend and I love being around him...he is crazy though!

Yes Darrell, Football is Julie's thing, but she let me stand in for her!

Anonymous said...

Neil,

You are such a secure man...because I know so VERY little about football..and it's not on my "top ten list" of things to be learning at the present.

But I'll go for the free food any day.

Neil said...

Phil, Free food wasn't included, in fact, it was extremely expensive to eat there, like 8.50 for a hamburger and fries, drinks started at 4.00! But the fellowship was great and every once in awhile I acted like I knew what was going on!