Saturday, November 11, 2006

Now
Several months ago I came to the realization that my health had entered a crisis point, my blood pressure was 176/110, my chest was hurting, my left arm was hurting, it was a constant thing, something had to be done. Over a period of years I had allowed this thing to get out of hand, I researched blood pressure, heart disease, symptoms of heart attacks and strokes online, knew what was coming my way...and I truly believe I was headed that way until I had a right now experience. My family and I were on vacation in Chicago, staying with my mother, I checked my BP, was in pain, got scared and started walking. That week I began to walk twice a day, for at least thirty minutes, pumped the water in, drank apple cider vinegar with water, all the herbal supplements like garlic and cayenne pepper, daily aspirin...and I prayed and promised...and for the first time in my life I followed through...I had to make a difference....Now!
The Bible is filled with Now moments, you read phrases like: "Now it came to pass", or "Now Faith Is", or "Today is the day of salvation, Now is the accepted time!" There is something about living and moving in the Now. The old saying never put off until tomorrow what you can do today really does make sense, but not to us procrastinators...we like to wait, put it off, look for a more opportune moment, hope for something to change...I had been telling myself what I needed to do for years...but there came a moment when I had to make a decision.
In the Kingdom of God I sense that same spirit arising within my spirit, that this is a Now Time. That God is calling us to do things we've known He wanted us to do for years...Now! That this is a prophetic season, things in our world are changing rapidly, and if we're going to make a difference...it must be Now!
By the way, I checked my BP this week it was 138/88, not ideal, but for the first time in several years I'm in prehypertension range rather than secondary stage...I'm still working on it, going to get where I need to be, I've lost around 30 pounds, got 5-7 to go...I'm appreciating the process...Now!

No comments: