Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Fortune Cookie Says...
I'm learning Chinese by reading Fortune Cookies, at least that's my excuse for frequent trips to local Chinese take outs...I'm actually just eating and getting fat...more diets to soon come! Today I grabbed a Fortune Cookie on my way out the door and got inspired as I read these words: "Goals are just dreams with a deadline!" I love it, God puts a dream in our spirit, we turn it into a goal and determine that we won't just talk about it, we're going to do something about it! Reminds me of Luke 17, 10 lepers come into contact with Jesus, they cry out to Him and as they went they were made whole...they walked out the revelation! I'm going to give my dreams some deadlines!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I think that's our problem. We dream, but never try to make our dreams come true - set no deadlines.

Jesse said...

Personal dreams and goals have personal deadlines, God inspired dreams have God determined deadlines. I just hope that I don't miss them!

Neil said...

Have you ever read the scripture in Jeremiah that says for the prophet that has a dream, let him tell it? I think part of accomplishing our dreams involves letting them be known, verbalizing them to ourselves, God, and others. He already knows, we have to remind ourselves, and others need to be involved as a part of the process...people play a part in the fulfillment of dreams!

I like what you both are saying, I don't want to miss my moments either!

Thanks!

Jesse said...

Pastor recently spoke about writing the vision down, and add to what you said, I'm writing out my dreams and telling folks! I dream of being a Christian writer and a Childrens book author, just waiting now for an agent to show my stuff too!