Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Good Word Pastor...
We are having our annual camp meeting this week, it's basically a revival we do each year at our local church, and it has been phenomenal! Each speaker has brought a word from the Lord, an encouraging word, a digging word, a profound word, a word that cannot be attributed to men, they have all spoken as prophets of God. Service after service I've sat on the edge of my seat, listening intently to what is being said, no note taking this week so I can preach it later, I've been listening with the ears of my heart not just my head. No doubt the words will affect my preaching, but I must say, I would rather be a voice than an echo, I want to say it first, not after someone else has said it. I've developed this habit of saying, "Good Word, Pastor!" When the evangelist says something that I like or that hits home. I want to ask myself what makes a good word a good word? There are probably many answers to the question, but my answer is when it touches my spirit so deeply that I am willing to not only hear the Word, but become and do the Word...it then has become a Word of the Lord in my life! Western Christians have heard so much, church has become a mall where we sort through the stuff, look for the right places, people, and programs, and somewhere in the midst of it all, we may find God. Call me narrow minded, but while I certainly believe we need many things to make church work, it's not about church, it's about relationship and mission, in that order, to know Him, to be known by Him, and for others to know Him through my example...That's a good word!

No comments: