Wednesday, April 12, 2006

We're Off To Orlando
After grossing everyone out on my last post, allowing God to use me to cause you to use caution when wearing contacts and using contact solution, I'm off to Orlando for a few days.
God is now calling my family to do street ministry in Mickey Land, we will be interceeding as we walk the streets of Walt Disney World. I know that some reading this will think me to be sacriligious, but I assure you I'm not. While I'm quite confident this won't be a ministry of witnessing and preaching, I assure you there will be much prayer. It will be a prayer of safety, that I won't wear out my kids or leave them there for Mickey and Minnie to raise. It will be prayer that I don't have a heart attack or die on the rides...blood pressure you know, to die in Space Mountain would be embarrassing! It will be prayer that after three days in a motel room we don't all strangle one another, and prayer that my daughters will realize they don't need a momento of every place we go!
Julie and I looking forward to spending time with our girls, the two of us are leaving for Kenya in a few weeks, so we wanted to get some extra family time in before we go!
Watch out for that finger in the eye stuff...I will be back!

4 comments:

Pastor Jeff said...

Enjoy DW! I haven't been there about 23 years! Space Mountain was the first coaster I went on ever. I was trying to decide whether to go to the chicken line, or get in, scared to death. Dad and my brother were already buckled in, and the operator got annoyed at my indecisiveness and put me in the car! I screamed all the way up that first hill, but loved the ride. Been hooked on coasters ever since.

I'll be praying for you all, Neil!
~Jeff

Darrell said...

Hope you guys have an awesome time together. You know, if you were a real friend, you'd stop by the German village in Epcot and get me some serious chocolate!
Praying that the time with your family is fruitful and that the stress be left behind. Enjoy yourselves!

The 6 Karns' said...

Shawn & I LOVED the Netherlands food at Epcot! Shawn actually got the recipe and has made it (only once) since then (5 years ago).

We actually were planning on going to Disney this June - but plans have changed.

Hope you all have a GREAT time!

Deborha's Palm Tree said...

My bonus daughter should be getting back from Disney World on friday..she went there with her High School Band..she is having a great time! Kenya huh ?! I'll be praying for you and yours. Had a dream about Kenya a few days ago.
My computer is sick so I haven't been able to write about it. Hope to do so soon...
Take care Neil...