Thursday, August 31, 2006

People...Personalities...Presence
If you read my blog much or look at the list of friends in my links section you'll notice that most of them come from pastors or christian friends...you will also notice that all of them have various personalities, some are funny, some are serious, others are thematic, and some are quite informational...and then there's mine...And I'm not quite certain how to categorize it ! What I do know is that it is about people by people for people and that it reveals the personalities of those people and that it creates a presence...one that hopefully imparts good things into those that read it. I've tried not to be preachy, but I preach, I've tried to share humorous items, to share my family, discuss things of interest, and to not be real stupid, but to be real for real...While I'm sharing my thoughts and feelings I also want to relate to others and hopefully make an impact without intruding. When you read the Bible doesn't it seem like you're reading a blog? Track with me here, some of us have never met and will never meet, most of us have never spoken on the phone, but I consider you my friends and feel like we've connected and know something of one another. Isn't the Bible much the same? I've never met Paul, Joshua, or Moses, never went to worship with David, or been in a study group with Solomon, Elijah has never laid hands on me, and I've never been a blind man...but somehow when I read the Word of God I feel that I'm among friends and am able to relate to the people of many generations past, the Word of God and the basic needs of men are always relevant...always much the same. There is a presence that comes from the pages of the scriptures, it gets inside of you, it speaks to you, it comforts us, and it corrects us. When you read the story of the woman at the well, don't you feel like you've been there before? Jesus wants to change her life and she wants to know what church He goes to! She wants to discuss cultural and religious differences and all He wants to do is get into her heart! I've never been a woman with an issue of blood, but I've gone to church many times hoping that in some small way I could touch Him...and I guess that I really have been a blind man...just not physically...but blind nonetheless! I am thankful for the Word of God... I am thankful for the People of God...I am thnkful for the Personalities God has given each us...And I am thankful for the Presence...God's and Yours! I guess I'm just thankful!

4 comments:

Libby said...

I can relate. Especially, since I started reading "THE MESSAGE." It really IS like reading a letter from a friend!

Unknown said...

Awesome post neil, & so true, when i read about people in the word i can relate to a little part of each one ,but a few of them I relly connect with ya know? I cant wait to meet all of them but thier are a few that im gonna realy hug and talk to!!because of the connection of things i can relate to in our lives are so much like mine!!! . Im so thankful also for the people whom are a part of my blog world, you all bring a little something to my life GBU ALL!!!!

Anonymous said...

so umm which category do I fit ? *smirking* I'm teasing. It is a good blog, and very true. I love it when I find somethign in the Bible that I relate to. Reminds me that I'm not the only one ... someone has experienced these things before me, they are experiencing them with me and they will in the future also.

ruthrap said...

i have found that the more knowledge i obtain of God and our Savior Jesus Christ, the more love i have for others! the ability to love is a Godgiven gift and without God in our lives it is impossible to truly love someone else and with Him in our lives and in our hearts, we can be forgiving and caring of others.....makes life a lot easier, because those who hate never have peace in there lives, whereas, those who love are peaceful in spirit and it shows in their very beings! neil, you made some good points....thanks