Monday, September 25, 2006

Almost
Without becoming too political here, have you seen the interview with former president Bill Clinton and the Fox network's Chris Wallace? President Clinton almost blew a gasket, veins were popping out, his eyes got huge, as if he were testifying in a pentecostal church he would have foamed at the corners of his mouth...I know, I'm a pentecostal, I've seen it before! This guy was livid, hot under the collar, defending his stance, his actions, and his thought line...it was amazing! He tapped on Wallace's notes, might have patted his knee a time of two, defended his record and then he said it, "I almost got him, I was closer than anyone else!" That's not a direct quote, but it's what he said. It reminded me of children playing games, we almost won, I almost made a touchdown, I almost made the basket...I wanted to email and remind him that almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and marriage engagements...almost really doesn't count...does it? The Book of Acts recounts the conversation between the Apostle Paul and King Agrippa of Rome. The Bible says that after Paul had shared passionately his testimony that King Agrippa said, "Almost, thou persuadest me to become a christian!" I'm close, I can see what you're saying, and I think that I understand what this is all about...I'm almost there...just not quite! Almost...I've been there a few times, and I suppose I'll be there again...hopefully not when it comes to something as important as my eternal soul...or the catching of a terrorist!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I saw this as I was flipping channels .. some one recapping it. It was almost laughable how he was! Then the show tried to defend him as " Just so stressed out "

I remeber the part when he says " I almost killed the guy!" And I was thinking umm when? did I miss it because I don't remember you almost killing him.. Clinton also said that he was closer to killing the guy then the Bush administration ever got to.. hahahah WHEN?

anyway like you said almost doesn't cut it... for any thing.

Darrell said...

Dude, you have got to figure out this picture thing, because you are killing my eyes!

Neil said...

I know, what am I doing wrong? I copy the image location and upload it, and this is how it comes out...the only other thing would be to download it to my computer and then delete it after I post it...too much work! I'm going to go pictureless!

Pastor Jeff said...

I think it has something to do with hotlinking images. I had this problem, then I tried using my photobucket account. It came out clear as a bell! If you don't already have one, go to photobucket.com, Neil. You can upload pictures, or pull them from elsewhere on the web.