Saturday, September 30, 2006

Akeelah And The Bee
I watched this movie last night and it was absolutely fantastic. Call me a sucker for a cute kid and a ending that wins, this is the movie. I love movies that talk about destiny, of pulling what is buried deep inside of a person out of them, this movie generated something inside of me to stretch more. Movies like Hook, the story of a man who forgot who he was, Rudy, a little guy with a huge dream that refused to take no for an answer, The Rookie, you're never too old to become who you were meant to be, Remember The Titans, you can overcome all opposition and win in life...and now, Akeelah and the Bee, the story of an eleven year girl that can absolutely spell the paint off a wall, so starts out by winning a school spelling bee and ends up going to the National Spelling Bee in Washington DC. Perhaps I watch too much TV and read too many things into it, but programs like this get spiritual to me, I see how God places dreams and drives within us, we don't always know how they got there, or what to do with them...But He always sends someone along to help us recognize who and what we can be if we recognize and develop what He has placed within us. It also reminds me that my two daughters have awesome gifts...I must always make sure those gifts are released and developed! Watch the movie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey are you getting kick backs for promotion? hehehehehehehehehe