Friday, September 08, 2006

Don't Lose Your Shine
When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him. But Moses called to them; so Aaron and all the leaders of the community came back to him, and he spoke to them. Afterward all the Israelites came near him, and he gave them all the commands the LORD had given him on Mount Sinai. When Moses finished speaking to them, he put a veil over his face. But whenever he entered the LORD's presence to speak with him, he removed the veil until he came out. And when he came out and told the Israelites what he had been commanded. Exodus 34:29-34 NIV
When I first met the Lord there was a radical or drastic change in my life. In fact, my mother always said that I shined, that there was a glow about me. As I began my walk with God there were times that I like most christians...struggled. Sometimes I tried to hide it, other times I simply showed my struggle, or at least it came through whether or not I meant for it to or not. Mom would sometimes say as I walked by, "How's your shine?" or I would spend time with the Lord and come back asking her, "How's my shine?"
The truth is that when we walk with the Lord, live in His presence and dwell in His glory, there is a noticeable presence about the child of God, a peace that identifies us, we don't have to announce it, discuss it, and most of the time, don't even recognize it ourselves...it's just there!
I want to live in the presence of God, to allow my light to shine, for others to see the Lord in me, without me having to prove that I'm a believer...does that make sense? We are the light of the world, light simply shines, it doesn't announce, "I'm shining here!" We have a responsibility to share the message, but our greater responsibility to be the message...actions speak louder than words...I believe that they precede our words..."Let your light so shine that you may glorify your Father which is in heaven!"
Moses hid behind the veil so long that he never realized that the glow was gone, I don't want to come to that point...I want to glow and flow...How's your shine?

No comments: