Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Habakkuk 3:2 (The Message)

1-2 A prayer of the prophet Habakkuk, with orchestra: God, I've heard what our ancestors say about you, and I'm stopped in my tracks, down on my knees. Do among us what you did among them. Work among us as you worked among them. And as you bring judgment, as you surely must, remember mercy.
How I need to hear a word that renews the awesomeness of God to the very core of my being! To be reminded and to actually remind myself that it's all about Him and not me. I don't want to return to the good old days, I want to make sure I'm where I'm supposed to be today...To make sure I'm still connected. Lord, let me hear Your words and be in awe, to be afraid in a godly reverence, not afraid of You, to be to fearful of offending You...This is my prayer today!

No comments: