Friday, October 19, 2007

Proclaiming Our Passion
I read an article today about blogging, it suggested that we should blog about the things we are passionate about which really got me thinking, what am I passionate about? Starbucks is an addiction for me, I love Caffe Mocha with a shot of vanille, Duece De Leche...when they've got it, and an occasional Caramel Macchiato. Wherever I am I do my best to eat my way through that town or city, Tony Paco's in Toledo, Webber Grill in Chicago, Ach & Lou's in Aurora, The Columbia in Tampa, Jenny's Diner in Louisville...my list is endless and yes, I am overweight...170 lbs today! But what am I passionate about? I love Jesus, He is everything to me and I want to know Him, love Him, reflect Him, and to please Him. I have an awesome family, a wife of 20 years, two phenomenal daughters, a mother who continues to be amazing, a sister that I'm quite proud of, Im quite passionate about them. Ministry, I'll celebrate 29 years of ministry this July, 26 of them I have been full time either as a evangelist or pastor. I love being in ministry, love church, people and pastoral families...God has given me the choice occupation, it hasn't always been easy or pleasant, but it is fulfilling and I would never want to do anything else. And lastly, writing, I love to write, to express my thoughts, to share my feelings, to release the voice within me. I'm not always confident that I'm doing it well, I'm just happy to do it. So from this point on, I'm going to boldy proclaim my passion. What are you passionate about? What are you doing to make it work for you? Can I join you in the journey?

No comments: